Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Growing a Fetus in a Winter Wonderland!

Sixteen week picture: 








Well first off, Ben, fetus and I got to spend 8 days last week in Colorado. We had a blast. We hiked and hiked, climbed mountains, drove along cliffs, rode in trains, breathed clean air... it was incredible. I had my last day at work before we left, and I'm transitioning into part time work from home. I am already so thankful that God led us in this direction. I'm feeling more rested by the day. 


Not much to report yet on the baby's gender. However, I did have a tummy check a couple of weeks ago and got to listen to the baby's heart beat. It was so loud and fast! This kid is already impressing me. Dr says everything looks great and we're set to have the big anatomy appointment on the 15th! I'll let everyone know as soon as we know for sure.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks
Size of baby: 4.5 inches long, 3.5 ounces (avocado sized!)
Maternity Clothes: Bella band has saved my life. Wearing mostly my normal clothes, much more awkwardly
Gender: We'll know in 2 weeks! 
Movement: There have been a few times where I think I've felt it flutter around in there, but not sure yet
Sleep:  Good! Have stopped waking up to pee every 2 hours, so that's nice
Symptoms: As usual, not too many symptoms! Feeling great.
What I miss: Sleeping on my back 
Cravings I have decided that I could consist entirely on an all carb/dairy diet. All I want is pasta, cereal, milk
Best Moment this week: Hiking with my husband and fetus in the middle of nowhere.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender in a couple of weeks! 

5 comments:

  1. Maggie is 3 and I still wear Bella bands- they sell them on Amazon and are alot cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of you !!! wish we could reach out and give you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the first time I typed that and realized thats who I will be known as to this special gift being given to us from God !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little brother, a Grandpa..... how awesome is that! So happy for all of you and can't wait to find out if we need to buy pink or blue :)

    ReplyDelete