Sunday, December 25, 2011

HOLY HALFWAY THERE!!!

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone! We're having a blast here in New Mexico with my folks. Eating good food, playing fun board games, watching all the Christmas movies we can squeeze in... it's been grand! It's also the last Christmas before we're a family of three, which is kind of insane.

Holy moly, we're already half way there! This kinda freaks me out. There's a lot to do in the amount of time left! Ben and my family agree, my tummy grows noticably larger every day, which is pretty funny. They're taking bets on the timing of my belly button going from an innie to an outie. Kole says it'll be mid-conversation, and I'll hear an audible "FFFFP," while Ben thinks inversion will require some force, like from a sneeze. We shall see.

20 Weeks:
(Izzy had a drive-by appearance)

Pregnancy Highlights!!
How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: 10 Inches from head to heel - the size of a banana! 13 ounces.
Weight gain+10
Maternity Clothes: Gradually accumulating more and more maternity clothes - amassing from very dear friends and family... and goodwill. Great thing about maternity clothes is, no one wears them for very long!
Gender: GIRL!
Movement: She's been moving around a ton! Mostly when I'm still. Ben can finally feel her from the outside just a tiny bit, which is really cool.
Sleep: I finally figured out how to get the pillows positioned just right... problem is I need like three of them. Once we get all those pillows on the bed, there's no room left for me... Still working on finding that fine line.
Symptoms:  Feeling great!
What I miss: Sushi...
Cravings: I still want lots of milk and pasta, but we're trying to moderate that with veggies so the weight gain isn't to crazy.
Best Moment this week: Ben feeling the baby move for the first time, and getting to spend this weekend with my wonderful and insanely supportive family. They have been so incredible. We're going to have one lucky kiddo as far as grandparents go!!
What I am looking forward to: Going up to Michigan in a few weeks to see all the Zuverinks!!!

1 comment: